Diving the Carthaginian?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hadn't heard that about the return trip on the scooters... I've heard it's doable as a scooter dive. I don't know that it's much further offshore than the St. Anthony is from Keawakapu.

Alternatively, you could do a rebreather dive, then kicking out to it is no problem at all! :D

depends upon the scooter ... the one in question has a 45 minute burn time and I was hearing it's a 30 minute trip each way ...

btw - I saw a boat off Puamana while working last night - about midnight. It was in the approximate location, and I was wondering if it was a late night dive on the carthaginian... sure wish I had my compass with me - I could have gotten really good bearings from 3 points and we could have charted it rather precisely :( I'll try and remember the compass when I work there next week again.

Mark can bring the Yak, Kris gets a scooter, Al needs to get his rebreather and I'll do a surface swim ... we'll see who makes it and who had a bad idea :wink:

btw - You can always tow a second scooter

Aloha, Tim

OK, I'm feeling a bit left out here since I'M the one that brought it up, lol :( just kidding.

Hey how about you guys put an extra scooter in the yak, tow me out with the yak and then I'll scooter back? lol If you get tired from rowing, attach a rope to me and I'll tow you back. :blinking:

I did this scooter dive at Ulua. The other scooter was about dead so towed him back.
We almost made it all the way back before my scooter lost power. That was a fun dive!

Sounds like we're going to need one of the new Apollo scooters... they have an option for 2 hour batteries, and have two built-in tow handles. Not sure the battery life is the important part... but the tow handles will sure come in handy for all of you with the "bad ideas" :D

I know Jim has done it with his kayak, you might want to hit him for the landmarks or check out the Atlantis website...the map might help.

KrisB:
Sounds like we're going to need one of the new Apollo scooters... they have an option for 2 hour batteries, and have two built-in tow handles. Not sure the battery life is the important part... but the tow handles will sure come in handy for all of you with the "bad ideas" :D

Would you be talking to me?? LOL :54: :wink:

calscubagirl:
OK, I'm feeling a bit left out here since I'M the one that brought it up, lol :( just kidding...

sry bout that ... we still need someone to test the idea (unpresented thus far) of kicking out below the surface on open circuit ... would you be interested in that option? :wink:

justleesa:
I know Jim has done it with his kayak, you might want to hit him for the landmarks or check out the Atlantis website...the map might help.

my eyes must not be working properly - can you point me in the direction of that map on their site?

Is Jim "Gilligan?" or am I "yaking" up the wrong tree? :wink:

Shucks, they haven't added it yet - thought they would have by now. The one for Oahu is much more detailed.

and yes, that's him :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom