Diving Tahoe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BARdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've dove at Sand Harbor on the Nevada side of the lake. This time we're going to try Meeks Bay, any recomendations? Go right or left after getting thru the swim area? Change dive site? Anything need to know to make the trip better? Going up friday afternoon (June 12), plan 3 dives for Satureday, relax that night then head back to Bay Area Sunday morning.

Turn left (north).

I'd split your dives between Meeks and Hurricane Bay; there's a sunken sailboat at Hurricane, at about 60' (52' now with the lake so low) that's interesting.

For a day of diving, your plan is a good one. Even if you build up a significant obligation, the overnight stay will let you return via either Echo (7400') or Donner (7100') without issue.

All the best, James

James,

Do you know where the big fiberglass fish is that you can swim inside the mouth for photo ops. A buddy of mine that does buoys and salvage on the lake (do you know B.J.) told me about it, but won't tell me where it is. He says he'll take me out to it, but I haven't been up there in a few years.

Jon

All these years and I've never heard of it! I will ask around. There was a miniature golf course that went out of business on north shore quite a few years ago, perhaps it came from there?

BTW, we're running the racetrack Thursday afternoon if you're interested.

All the best, James

Ah yes, a miniature golf course, I think he said it was from something like that.

Thanks for the offer, but I have finals the week after next and can't afford to play hooky as much as I would like to.

I'll have some free time after we get back from Roatan June 1st. The Monterey offer still stands.

Cheers,
Jon

i dive tahoe way too many times a year, and meeks can be fun, if you dont mind a bit of a swim, go east around the point and dive the wall section there, for your first and closer on the 2nd, I have been diving tahoe fo almost 20 years, and have never heard of a fish like that, if you can get directions i would love to try something new

Thanks to everyone for the input, as with most things planned out awhile this trip is in flux. Oh we're still going it's just where we'll be diving that's undecided. Been looking at Rubicon Point (D.L. Bliss State Park). I would also like to know where this "Fish" is to pose with.

Its a locals secret and were not telling! When you do find it its a tight fit and your buddy better be close by in case you get stuck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom