Diving Seattle Waterfront

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done some working dives under the pier that is immediately south of the coleman ferry dock. It was a nice day of work, but there is nothing interesting to see unless you've never seen starfish, barnacles and mud before----oh yeah, there were perch too.

If you are serious about it, make sure you inform the Coasties of your intention prior to jumping in the water.

I had a boat at the Harbor Island marina a few years ago- I dove there a few times even though it is just down the river from where all the super fund dredging was going on. There were a lot of shrimp and crab all over the bottom and pilings and a few sea pens in the silt, but other than that not a lot to see. Mostly I would drop down to the bottom after changing zincs or changing props to retrieve tools. I certainly wouldn't recommend it just for a recreational dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom