Diving Sandals Whitehouse, Jamaica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happy to see that you had 'no problem' and had a great vacation.

And welcome to the world of scuba.

Ya Mon! Thanks for the welcome and your perspective on local conditions!

Am currently at Whitehouse - one week down and one to go. Have previously been diving at Negril having stayed at RIU (okay) and Beaches Negril (awesome).

The diving here is good - the reefs are in good shape and there are lots of fish both in terms of species and numbers - I have seen much more here than I did in Negril.

Also on a positive is this very fine resort is on its own in the middle of nowhere so boat traffic and other dive boats are none existent.

Whitehouse has a good dive crew and their boat and equipment is similar to Beaches and much better than ScubaCaribe at RIU.

The only issue at Whitehouse seems to be visibility which, due to its exposure to winds causes sand to be present in the water during or after windy days. Visibility, particularly at the shallower sites can be as low as 30 feet which isn't great but if you can get beyond that it is still a great experience.

I would highly recommend this resort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom