Diving "RELATED" injury Saturday...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dc4bs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
OK, here's my story...

I was reading my new NOAA manual Saturday evening (I just got it at "Beneath the Sea") and carefully placed it on the floor next to my bed when I was finished...

When I got up later, I tripped over it and managed to make my left pinky toe about twice the size it normaly is and turn lots of prety colors.

I'm sure it's not broken cause I can wiggle it and move it around without too much pain but it's sure "purdy" as Uncle Pug would say.

Even when you are well away from water, scuba still has it's "hidden" dangers! Those darn NOAA manuals can be quite dangerous when not stowed properly!

Beware!

I know what you mean. I have scuba gear all over the floor of my room which makes one heck of an obstical course to navigate on the way to shut off the alarm every morning.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

HA!!!!

pipedope:
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

HA!!!!
Names, instead of words, splitting hairs here, but it certainly fits here.

We can also say that the pen is mightier than the dive knife too. Or nobody ever got hurt reading a good book.

BTW a bookshelf is your friend.

simbrooks:
Names, instead of words, splitting hairs here, but it certainly fits here.

We can also say that the pen is mightier than the dive knife too. Or nobody ever got hurt reading a good book.

BTW a bookshelf is your friend.

LOL, I'll post a pic of my bookshelves later tonight (when I get home from work).

I got LOADS of bookshelves. Just don't have any that fit the big NOAA book in my bedroom... Have to go out to the livingroom for that.

EDIT: well, actualy, I do have one book shelf it would fit into in the bedroom... But it's full.

Just place a dictionary stand in front of the throne so you can read and don't have to hold that book up.
:D

Here's why I was laughing when simbrooks suggested I put a bookcase near my bed...

If you have DAN's preferred plan maybe you could get reimbursed for your pain and suffering...

I almost amputated my eyeball on the weekend trying to get the VERY tight plastic cord holding tanks to the boat rack off. The thing shot through the air when released.

Worst incident on the surface though is stubbing my toe on a 15l full cylinder whilst wandering around the house at night with no light on. THAT involved a lot of swearing.

A few years back, after being critisised for only doing what were perceived as 'deep' dives we organised a nice 20m potter around the Pionersk -while going from the pier to the boat I slipped, fell into the boat breaking my neck of humerous and wrecking my shoulder at the same time :( - all without ever getting wet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom