Closed: Diving Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your price seems pretty high when you can buy a brand new Conshelf XIV Supreme regulator setup for under $530.00. The non-supreme model goes for a bit less. Of course, your asking price is really your business, but just saying...

Conshelf XIV are great regulators. I paid $10.00 to $15.00 for several of these years ago when a fire department did a surplus sale on dive gear they had sitting around. Every one has been regularly serviced and work great despite the fact that the dive shop folks tease me about putting the regulators on display as dive museum items. (LOL)

-AZTinman

Back in 1988 I bought 4 Conshelf SE2 resgulators for $200 each, Think I paid another $120 total in order to convert them to the Supreme model.
But that was over 30 years ago, I have no idea what a Mk14 is worth now, especially to people who collect them.
If they're not worth $1325, they won't sell, it would be interesting to find out when they sell, what they sold for.

Michael

Amron International in Vista, California, sells brand new Conshelf XIVs. As noted in my earlier post, a Supreme model goes for less than $530.00. The difference in the new XIVs and the vintage ones is the finish on the second stage. Vintage have a bright, shiny finish while the new ones have a brushed finish. Service kits are still available for the Conshelf XIV.

I bought my fire department surplus XIVs in the early 1990's. The department also sold some surplus Scuba Pro regulators. In hindsight, I should have bought some of those too. All of the gear they didn't sell went in the dumpster.

-AZTinman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom