Diving Redneck Reef on sunday 7/17/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kylepreid

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Heather and I are going out to lanier to dive redneck reef on sunday july 17th at 4pm. This is our first time going out there, so if anyone has dove here before, please leave me some info on the site. If anyone wants to join us for a dive please feel free to come out.

Directions:
Take Peachtree Industrial Blvd. north.
Cross over hwy 20, and continue north.
PIB will become McEver Rd, and becomes a 2 lane rd.
once it becomes 2 lane, go 7.6 miles to Flat Creek Rd.
There will be a BP on the right and a shell station on the left.
Take a left onto Flat Creek Rd.
Go 0.8 miles and you will come to a 4 way stop, continue straight, and go1.6 miles
You will come to sunrise cove marina
Take the entrance to the day use area on the right
Drive around the circle about 2/3 of the way, and the spot should be by a ramp going into the water.

Hope to see some new and familiar faces out there. :scubadive

Kyle

I can't make it but let us all know what to expect when I do get to dive Redneck Reef.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
I can't make it but let us all know what to expect when I do get to dive Redneck Reef.

Jeremy
I sure will, the kraken and his wife may join us out there. Let me know about lake juliette, if it is worth taking a trip down there or not. Wish you could come out, oh well maybe next time.

I just saw on the other thread that you wifes B-day is on sunday. Tell her have a very happy birthday from all of us looney birds.

kylepreid:
I sure will, the kraken and his wife may join us out there. Let me know about lake juliette, if it is worth taking a trip down there or not. Wish you could come out, oh well maybe next time.

I just saw on the other thread that you wifes B-day is on sunday. Tell her have a very happy birthday from all of us looney birds.

I will tell her happy Birthday from all the looney birds. I will also give a trip report. Have a safe dive this weekend and I will come up in the next couple of weeks to dive with the looney's again.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
I will come up in the next couple of weeks to dive with the looney's again.

Kraken's Vortex Meet-n-Greet would be a great occation :)

SuPrBuGmAn:
Kraken's Vortex Meet-n-Greet would be a great occation :)
I wish I could make it, maybe next time. I was talking with the kraken, and we may either try to make the vortex meet an annual thing, or even try to do it again in the late fall. I hope you guys have a great time down there, but I kinda have a feeling that vortex is going to be a little over packed with divers that weekend.
Dive long and dive safe.

Its always overpacked during the summer :) thats OK though.

Theres a MegaDive in Central FL at the end of October at Ginnie Springs. You guys should head down to cave country for that. I should be there again(its bi-annual, I made it for last years fall Megadive, but have missed all the spring season dates). Great fun with alotta great FL SB'ers.

hey kylepreid, I may have a chance to dive Lanier Sunday. I was planning on diving Jocassee Sat. but my friend had something come up. I also just got a new pst 130 today so i'm really wanting to see how it compares to my alum. 100. I've dove lanier probaly 10 times but never redneck reef. Anything special or just typical lanier? what depths? Reply if you don't mind me tagging along. Thanks

Hey, Looney Bird, Linda and I are going to try to make it Sunday afternoon. I want to see that B/P in action!

the K

ccooper:
hey kylepreid, I may have a chance to dive Lanier Sunday. I was planning on diving Jocassee Sat. but my friend had something come up. I also just got a new pst 130 today so i'm really wanting to see how it compares to my alum. 100. I've dove lanier probaly 10 times but never redneck reef. Anything special or just typical lanier? what depths? Reply if you don't mind me tagging along. Thanks
Come on out, we would love to have you dive with us. I havent dove redneck reef yet, this will be my first time too. The reason it is called redneck reef is that there is a bunch of lawn art sunk at about 30' straight out from the ramp at the day use area. I dont plan on going very deep, im only bringing my 3mm, so I want to try and stay above the thermocline. Hope to see you out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom