Diving Puerto Vallarta - Great experience diving with PV Sea Dive ********

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just returned from a wonderful Puerto Vallarta girls trip. Went diving with PV Sea Dive on Monday 6/17/13 and Wednesday 6/19/13.

The first day there were only two other divers on the boat with me and my dive buddy, Vicki. The owner of the company Sue Keevil, was our dive master for both days. Boat was small and efficient, clean and well organized. Boat captain was Carlos, the deckhand was Alberto. We sat in shade at all times which was great.

We were given a safety briefing as we putted through the harbor, where we were told the ins and outs of the boat, where the first aid kit and oxygen were stowed, how we would enter and exit the water, crew and deckhand were introduced etc.

First dive was Majahuitas where we were given a briefing on the dive site and planned our dive. We saw tons of octopus and large variety of eel. Max depth was 69 feet - a 52 minute dive. Sandwiches and drinks were provided. Second dive was at Los Arcos, a shallow dive of 37 feet for 64 minutes where we saw more octopus, stonefish, juvenile mexican hat fish, small rays and many puffer fish. We had such a good time that we signed up for that Wednesday.

We left our gear with the crew and when we returned on Wednesday, our gear was clean and well kept and loaded carefully on the boat for us.

On Wednesday, we had two fairly new divers, on the boat and a snorkeler (3 great guys) and of course myself and my dive buddy Vicki. Dive Instructor Marc accompanied the two newer divers and Vicki and I were led by Sue Keevil. Great time had by all! We saw dolphin playing on the surface as we motored to Yealapa. First dive was 50 feet for 67 minutes where Sue pointed out many nudibranchs, some actually mating! Must have seen 15-20 octopus of all sizes. Got taken over by a school of sardines, again many variety of eel including two green morays. The second dive was back at Majahuitas where this day the vis was better than on Monday; maybe 50 feet. Water temp over our four days spread from 75 degrees to 81 degrees.

On our way back, Captain Carlos pointed out two turtles mating - we hung with them for their entire 'date night'! Awesome!!

I highly recommend this operation - PV Sea Dive! We will definitely dive with them when we revisit Puerto Vallarta!

Back
Top Bottom