Diving Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW. Price fixing.:no Surely each dive shop has different overheads and facilities. Smaller dive operators such as Sky's dont offer the fancy facilities as the bigger boys. They can therefore offer the diving at a lower rate. Its up to the customer to choose what they prefer.

The point is that by paying less than what 'you' paid 3 yrs ago you can only be doing a disservice to the operator...do you think his costs are lower than they were 3 yrs ago? Do you think the DM is happy about getting paid the same as he was 3 yrs ago?

Obviously there is a price difference between operators but basic maths says that the price at all of them should be more now than it was a few years ago. I know for a fact the fuel alone is more expensive.

The point is that by paying less than what 'you' paid 3 yrs ago you can only be doing a disservice to the operator...do you think his costs are lower than they were 3 yrs ago? Do you think the DM is happy about getting paid the same as he was 3 yrs ago?

Obviously there is a price difference between operators but basic maths says that the price at all of them should be more now than it was a few years ago. I know for a fact the fuel alone is more expensive.

Surely the Dive Op is happy with the rate as it was him that decided it:D.

I doubt if he was forced into accepting it:D

ouch about the $1000! But at least it will be a blast. Say hi to Phil and Pedro for me and hope you guys see the whale sharks. :)

Will do Chip. I'm not counting on the Whalesharks as I know they,ve been a bit scarce this year - I saw none in December:(. The diving certainly made up for it though:D

However, if they are around we'll certainly take the whaleshark daytrip on my one day off diving :rofl3:

i must say that diving down the prices in pg with opperators i feel is fair as most dive sites are 5 -10 mins away so fuel costs are low and boats are mostly full .yes i feel that inflation is inflation but when one shop charges 30us to bring you to a site that you could of swam to it is a bit of a joke ,sure i am happy to pay 20% more than before but guys come on most sites are a 10 min ride away with 8 divers on board sure fuel costs have gone up and wages also but come on lets get real .... do the math
pg is over built with to many hotels and bars and resturants i guess when supply out strips demand you can sell your place to a korean........................

but again thanks for every ones help .ps we are back packing roung the world so yes 4us a couple a dive does add up . and whats with this euro stuff ??? role on the peso !!!!

Back
Top Bottom