Diving Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hehe still correcting but BSP was told by the IMF to stop interfering in the market. IMF thinks the peso is still undervalued.

we locals are actually benefiting from a strong peso, the cost of diving outside Anilao is now cheap. Cheaper today than 2-4 years ago.

2006 diving in Sogod $22 or P1,122 (P51-$1)
Last March 08 in Sogod $22 or P902 (P41-$1)

ps - a difference of 4 dollars ($18-22) @$41 or P164 is too insignificant for me to rant...
I hear the girls at Broadway are complaining about the weak dollar...:coffee::rofl3:

What bothers me in this is that the Dive OP owners are supposed to have a relative understanding between themselves where they maintain a minimum price, so as to not enduce a price war which will be bad for everyone... And 18$ is definetly not part of that agreement! It was up to South sea divers to accept or not to do it this low.

Oh well, I will surely get out sooner or later and then the dive Operators can settle that between themselves...

Cheers!:coffee:

wow inflation must really be taking it's toll! this means you are actually paying less than you paid last time; and Sky is making less...is driving the price so low really fair on the operators? Would it kill you to pay $20 or maybe even $22 and make it more than 3 years ago?

What bothers me in this is that the Dive OP owners are supposed to have a relative understanding between themselves where they maintain a minimum price, so as to not enduce a price war which will be bad for everyone... And 18$ is definetly not part of that agreement! It was up to South sea divers to accept or not to do it this low.

WOW. Price fixing.:no Surely each dive shop has different overheads and facilities. Smaller dive operators such as Sky's dont offer the fancy facilities as the bigger boys. They can therefore offer the diving at a lower rate. Its up to the customer to choose what they prefer.

It also depends on the number of dives done with the shop. This is probably the case here.

As for the weak US dollar...it definitely sucks for me. :(

It also depends on the number of dives done with the shop. This is probably the case here.

As for the weak US dollar...it definitely sucks for me. :(

Me too. We're off to Sogod next week :D . We would expect to do approx 80 - 100 dives between us. With the current exchange rate with the UK this holiday will cost us about $1000 more than last year at PG :11: (this includes the increased Tax our government has put on flights :shakehead: ).

Me too. We're off to Sogod next week :D . We would expect to do approx 80 - 100 dives between us. With the current exchange rate with the UK this holiday will cost us about $1000 more than last year at PG :11: (this includes the increased Tax our government has put on flights :shakehead: ).
ouch about the $1000! But at least it will be a blast. Say hi to Phil and Pedro for me and hope you guys see the whale sharks. :)

I don't think it's price fixing as much as it's trying to all get along as neighbours and avoiding aggressive price wars. In price wars, the big guys will always win out so it's in most peoples interest to avoid such wars. I was honnestly amazed at the level of respect most of the dive shops show towards one another. Most of them really understand that they are all in this together and need to "be good neighbours" to keep things going smoothly on the beach. There is place for all those dive shops (big and small) as long as they respect each other.

That's just my take on it...:coffee:

WOW. Price fixing.:no Surely each dive shop has different overheads and facilities. Smaller dive operators such as Sky's dont offer the fancy facilities as the bigger boys. They can therefore offer the diving at a lower rate. Its up to the customer to choose what they prefer.

Back
Top Bottom