Diving Puerta Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Everyone:

I will be diving at El Galleon Dive Resort in Puerta Galera Phillipines in Feb-March. I have never dove there before. I have dove in Cebu and Mindanao Phillipines. Does anyone have any advice, recommendations, suggestions ect............? Thanks

Dean Torgersen
Duluth, Minnesota

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to regional forum

I would recommend Shark Cave (if you want to see a reef shark), The Canyons, The Fish Bowl, and Hole in the Wall. All great dive sites.

There are tons of great dives there. You will have a ball and the dive shop is very competent, so you are in good hands. Shark cave is great for white tip sharks, Canyons is argyuably the best dive there (lots of current and pelagics), Hole in the wall, fish bowl great. Sinandigan Wall is great for Nudibranches and the chances of seing a resident thresher shark, The Alma Jane Wreck in 100' is a great safe wreck dive, Sabang wrecks is great for macro and especially night dives, West escaceo to sabang reef, nice reef with lots of stuff, Dry docks a deep wreck with some big pelagics (snappers, etc...)... They are all great and I'm sure the dive Op will take you to most of them!

If you get the chance, hop on a charter (or the dive op if they do it) and get out to Verde Island wall! It's a 1 hour boat ride and costs extra, but in my oppinion the best dive out there (at least my favorite). It's thick with reef fish like pea soup! Definetly worth it in my oppinion!

With el galeon/ Asia divers, you are in good hands...

Have a great time!:coffee:

Spent a few weeks at abwonder dive, Sabang Bay and those guys are fantastic... High standards, well organized, good boat drivers and minutes from a dozon great sites.. Hope to get back their again soon myself.

Safe diving... Cheeers 30M

Don't leave PG without doing a night dive. Point Bar not included.

Only night dive you get a free t-shirt on :)

In addition to those mentioned above, Clam Farm (Macro/pygmy seahorses and duh clams), Kilima steps (nice drift), Monkey Beach wreck, Spanish Anchor/Horse's Head (near Canyons depending on the tide)

+1 for Verde Island

And if you do tech then Marco's Cave, Sweet Lips Cave, Turtle Rock etc etc

Have fun

Verde Island really is the best IMO... Tech. or Rec. It really is worth the longer boat trip, and extra costs..

West Escarseo (spelling?) to Hole in the Wall is great as well. In a mellow current it is effortless and really stunning.

Dry Dock is one of my favorites for Macro. It's around 30 meter surrounded by sand, so nitrox is the way to go. If you are into Macro, you should find a buddy at the resort and do some shore dives in the bay. There is some really neat, and crazy stuff out there that I haven't seen elsewhere..

Some ideas anyways

Only night dive you get a free t-shirt on :)
Sweet Lips Cave, Have fun

I loved Sweetlips cave! It was my last dive there before I left! :shakehead:

return journey from Verde Island took 17 mins in Asia Divers speedboat :D and a manta ray swam past the Alma Jane last week.

I'm looking to go back in April...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom