Diving Porters Lake, NS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am headed out to Nova Scotia this summer with the family for a couple of weeks and will be spending about a week or so at a family cottage on Porters Lake. I am just curious if this lake is a dive-able lake. I will have all my gear with me however my wife does not do cold water so an interested buddy would be great if it is dive-able. My guess is it will be dark and silty but figure it is worth asking.

Check out this link: http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/Library/53413.pdf It will give you lots of info on the lake. I never dover it, so that it is all I can tell you. There are many beautiful dive sites in Nova Scotia, if you bring your gear, it should be worth getting out.
Michael

Thanks for that. I had seen some of that information before in snippits from that document. Last time I was out there I dived Bear Cove, Paddy's Head and Ingramport. I will definitely dive when I am out there, even if they are shallow solo shore dives off my family's beach near Ingramport. I was curious about Porters Lake because it would have been so darn convenient.......step out the door and walk 50 feet into the water. Convenient or not, I am OK not diving Porters Lake if there is no first hand info and sticking to the ocean. I dive blah^10 sites here at home so I enjoy any dive.....even those others think are boring.

We might also be spending some time in Antigonish......seeing as you are from CB, is there any good diving out that way?

If you're in antigonish lochaber lake is a good spot to dive it is dark and silty but well worth diving I dive there a lot . Of course there is lots of ocean park and dive spots.

Contact Torpedo Rays to go diving with others in the area. The eastern side of the Halifax Harbour is too shallow. Those lakes, may be fine, but you may not see much.

Yes, we are located in Cape Breton and we do have some really great wreck diving up here, mostly even from shore. Just give me a call once you know when you are coming up here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom