Diving on the West Shore of Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rdmoody13

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all-

I'm going to Mazatlan in mid march and I'm trying to find a place to dive.

That being said, I have had no luck finding a dive center because firstly, I can't figure out which of the 10 Mazatlan, MX's I'm going to. The only one that seemed to be in the right spot when I looked at it turned out to be a 2 day drive away...

Any idea how to go about this in a more successful fashion?

Thanks!

rdmoody13:
I can't figure out which of the 10 Mazatlan, MX's I'm going to.
Maybe, what is the airport code you're flying to.
(Example ORD=O'Hare, CZM=Cozumel, PVR=Puerto Vallarta)

Rdmoody13;

I have a feeling you may be going to the 2nd largest coastal city in Mexico.
There is diving near Deer Island there. Here are 2 dive ops: Aqua Adventures & Underworld Scuba. I do not know anything about these dive ops, other than they do exist, so diving is possible.

JMHO, but I would bring your gear with. I am sure it is no Bonaire, Coz or Great Barrier Reef. But how bad can the diving be? I dive quarries in Illinois that are terrible, so it's got to be better than that.

Go, dive & then post a trip report.

wish I had my own equipment.. that'd make things easier.. lol Haven't got the funds for that yet. I'll let ya know what I can find.

Thanks!

Heck, no gear...that makes it easier in an iffy dive location.

Then you didn't drag all that gear with, for no reason. And you don't feel bad if you leave the gear home & it turns out you could have dived.

Go & enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom