Diving on the banks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Athough it's not mentioned on their website, this operation:
Indepth Watersports - Home
used to dive Pickle Bank, and presumably still do.

Craig's not been out to Pickle Bank. I dived with him this past fall, specifically to check out his boat in contemplation of a charter run the IIRC ~50 miles out from the Brac.

I did find that Jay & Vickie did do a dive at Pickle, when they were en route from LA to the Brac to deliver one of the Reef Divers boats.

-hh

Craig's not been out to Pickle Bank.
My bad, apparently. I must have misunderstood Craig. I had never heard of Pickle until he mentioned it.

My bad, apparently. I must have misunderstood Craig. I had never heard of Pickle until he mentioned it.

No problem. He had it listed on his website last year and has (or had?) ambitions to offer it as a custom charter.

I started to talk with him about it around a year ago and spent a week diving with him last fall to check out his operation & boat, to see how much personal experience he had with going that far offshore and that destination in particular. Bottom line was that I was a bit reluctant to be the first, and when we blew a coolant hose while ~10 miles out from dock (diving the Bluff), my feet got a tad colder.

I'd still like to do a run out, but I think that it requires a tad more planning for anything from the Brac, such as taking out two boats, as well as SAT Comms.

-hh

Chatted with Craig yesterday and he still intends to offer Pickle in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom