Diving on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the diving off the north tip of Vancouver Island, BC has been my absolute favorite diving of any that I've ever done. And I have gone to most of the propular caribbean sites, as well as all the main Hawaiian Islands, except Kauai. (disclaimer: I have not been diving in the South Pacific)

The creatures, the walls, the SIZE of the critters, all make it magical. But, yes, it is cold, cold, cold!

HUA, to that!! I must admit Living on the glorious WET coast of Vancouver Island and soon to be diving off Oahu, while I'm deployed to Hawaii, I think this thread missed the boat a few pages ago, it went from a simple yes or no about a time share to a perverbile penial measuring contest about the best places to dive in the world, a simple answer to the question would have been there is water there, therefore there is diving. I mean I have dove some pretty stupid lakes and rivers for the sake of diving, the people in question are new to the sport. They would proly be happy with what most around here would call a bottle/garbage dive, just to find stuff to look at underwater.

all that aside where was your fav place off of VI, SEA NMF?

We stayed at a little fishing village on one of the islands. You have to take a boat from Port Hardy to get to it. Power is supplied by a generator. I can't remember the island name but the operation is God's Pocket. And, boy, what an appropriate name!

We did a bunch of diving in Browning Pass, if that helps. I think there was the wreck who's name begins with a "T", an old wooden vessel, wood just strewn across the bottom now. I think there was a site called 7 trees. I'm going way back, sorry. Anyway, every single site up there was fantastic!

Try Kaimana Divers. Gabe can take you to quite a good number of areas on Oahu and you will have a hoot!

Jason

Well, I have dove a few of the sites you mentioned SEA, if you ever wanna come bak and go a lil further south I'm the president of the local club and My good friend owns a dive shop here, and he has some fantastic spots to dive, winter months being the best. glad to hear more warm water people are coming up here to dive.

Kiel

Well, actually, my first 10 years of diving was in Puget Sound. So I started out as a cold water diver.

Good stuff, I dive alot in the Naniamo-Campbell River area's on VI, Don't know if you ya know them or not. I would imagine you have Betty Pratt's book though as must of us in the region do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom