Diving on Monday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hepcat62

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all -

Is anybody diving on Monday in Monterey that wouldn't mind one more tagging along? I was hoping to dive earlier in the weekend, but that didn't work out, so it's do or die time (so to speak)!

Conditions don't look that promising for Monday (at least compared to yesterday and today):
fm_mon_xxx.png

ww3.w.e_pac.swl_wav_ht.024.gif

fc_summary.png

This looks similar to conditions on Aug 30 when we did diving from Sanctuary. The swells were 5-6 feet in the bay and waves were breaking over Lovers and Otters cove.

You may get lucky at BW early in the morning.

Doesn't look promising at all, that is too bad as conditions were really nice on Friday when I dove....

Didn't turn out so bad as far as wave action is concerned, not as flat as Saturday, some surge though and very poor viz.

Eager to hear some more reports from today. The numbers from Chuck's page are all from outside of the bay, and usually aren't that bad by the time they hit the shore sites. 8-10ft swell predictions are nothing that would keep me from making the drive down for shore diving (though eyeballing conditions when you get there is always a must).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom