Diving on Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jocull

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I live on Oahu and will be doing some travel this spring to Kauai for work and hopefully some diving. Anyone out there have any dive site recommendations? I would appreciate the info. Mahalo!!!

Koloa Landing - borrowed from Seasport Divers:
Take a one or two tank dive at the historic Koloa Landing. Also known as Whalers Cove, it was voted one of the Best Shore Dives in the Pacific by Scuba Diving Magazine.
Sheraton Caverns is the most known boat dive on the south side, lots of Turtles and lava tube swim thru's I also dove a site I'm sure was called The Pinnacle(s)but I've never seen it mentioned. Tunnels on the north shore is also supposed to be a good shore dive with a guide to take you thru it. I liked Seasport Divers near Poipu.

I just dove Koloa Landing yesterday. It was awesome. Here's a pic I took.

207879_1934481410963_1510160137_2224447_2118923_n.jpg

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved to main Ohana forum

Will be there from May 7-28 and looking for a dive buddy. Have a lot of experience there (every 2 years since '96). Have two others that may want to join us depending on the date.

Aloha from across the channel!

DO NOT MISS NIIHAU!

With the amount of dives you've done and familiarity with Hawaiian waters you would be super stoked with the diving over there. Up close and personal encounters with the monk seals can be expected on every trip over during the summer.

Last week on my first trip of the year we had a formation of 20 Eagle Rays, 3 Mantas, Monk Seal, Tuna, Giant Ulua on every dive, 5 foot Barracuda, Spinner dolphins and a Humpback ALL ON SCUBA! Vis' was 80-200ft.

Dive Oahu schedules 3-4 trips a summer just to get over here and dive Niihau!

Drop me a PM if I can help you out with any specific questions.

AK

Back
Top Bottom