Diving, oh yeah and Wedding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJae

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the best place to get married and go diving is? I was thinking about Tahiti, Turks or Belize my future wife is not a diver but doesn't mind if I go as long as she can sit on a beach. I guess I am looking for the best of both worlds and being from Canada since this will be a special trip we would rather go farther than the Carribean.:snorkel:

Did someone say Tahiti? :eek:

Jae, firstly congrats on tying the knot!

Secondly, go to the Oz & Pacific travel forum and see all the discussions (and photos!) that myself and Scott & Robin, Steve etc etc have been posting about Tahiti. If you want somewhere exotic, you can't go wrong with Tahiti, and it's certainly got better diving (if you like sharks and lots of them!) than Belize and the T&Cs....

Regards
Jim

A little guidence is always good especially when you haven't been some where before. I think you just confirmed the direction we were leaning and thanks for all the info, Can you recommend any good dive shops?:D And any nice places to stay?

Thanks again

SJ

I'm going to be in Bora Bora and Moorea in May for my honeymoon (after getting married in Maui) and I'm diving with TOPDive. You can buy a 10 dive card that is good at all their locations in FP. Checkout www.topdive.com. They also have some pretty decent hotel accomodations.

buy dive packs from the likes of Blue Nui also. Top Dive's boats are over laden with divers and the resort is crammed into the most minute space. The rooms are quite nice and spacious and relatively good value for money, but there's no beach and it's all squashed in too much. Not a very romantic setting, in my opinion.

I think it would be nice if she could snorkel on the surface and get to watch you dive. That way she would feel involved in your activity.

While we stayed at this resort ... Sofitel Motu ….a Traditional Tahitian Wedding Ceremony was preformed ( in this case renewed vows)........It was quite something....... I'll try to find some Pics of the Ceremony..... You would need to get married elsewhere as I do not believe the Tahitian ceremony is a binding one....

But for now.....How could one pass up this!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom