Diving Off Daytona Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a trip down to Orlando in July. Last time I was there, I went over to Tampa to do some diving. This time around, I'm thinking of going over to the other coast near Daytona Beach. What's the diving like around there?

One word..nasty!

Thanks. Then I'll probably do the Disney Epcot dive instead since I've haven't tried that either.

Nasty is in the eye of the beholder.......

I've been diving out there for the last 20 years. Yeah, it's not for everyone. This time of year it is just starting to calm down weather wise but most sites are 12 to 30 miles offshore so you will have a long boat ride. The bottom "reefs" are composed of limestone ledges with some coral and go on for thousands of feet. Lots of them are undercut for dozens of feet back. Lots of big critters around. I've seen mantas, nurse, gray reef and bull sharks, huge jacks, huge lobster, moray and spotted eels and lots more. A good vis day is 40' and most depths are in the 75 to 95 ft range though. Most dives are drift. These are advanced dives.

Done Epcot as well. Very tame, you may get bored unless you go mess with the folks dining in the restaurant......

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom