Diving OB, GS this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm planning on being at the Bahama Bob's between 9:00 and 9:30am tomorrow. From there, I plan to go to the Paddlewheeler, then for fills, then over to the shrimpboat.

PM me for cell phone#

:(

Diving next weekend in Gulf Shores, if you're interested. Surely sometime in early Dec too, just not sure when.

paulwall:
Cancelled due to lack of interest

Paul you must have split out of there pretty fast me and a buddy droped by but no divers was in the parking lot, of course we were late and Damn it was cold that Morning

Did you guys dive? Curious on conditions out there after last weeks surf, hoping for more uncovered wreckage.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Did you guys dive? Curious on conditions out there after last weeks surf, hoping for more uncovered wreckage.

Not @ the whiskey but we did go and check out a run over out toward Fort Morgan, Not much Viz beyond a 60' gun scary feeling out there. There tends to be too many sharks out there in that water. Were thinking about Fri or Sat hitting the water again if it warms some. That surface time is a killer. How was your Florida adventure over the weekend?

OH by the way I was told of a old reef in St. Johns that may be worth a look for fishing and Marine life during warmer weather

~30'(reach of lights was limiting factor) vis at the Destin Jetties Saturday night.

Morrison was flooded, we attempted the dive, but lost light at 10'. I attempted to drop down the funnel to see where it would clear but called my dive as I didn't run a reel and worried about inadvertantly going into the shallow cavern which was certainly no vis.

Headed to P'Cola Beach Reef and had a great dive. Got visited quite a few times by a 100lb Goliath. ~20' visibility, slightly grainy.

I sure wish Shane could have got to have seen that Grouper. It seems every time I visit that area there is nothing to see but Surf. Did you ever make any sense out of that post about that wreck on MBT. I think he was talking about the Pier on the strip down by the Golf course

Yeah, he was talking about a new(ish) boat that washed up on the beach, then got floated out before surf sank her in shallow water, mast apparent from the surface. The wreck is located 300-500m East of the pier at Beasley Park(?) on Santa Rosa Island, just east of the boardwalk(The Swamp, Howl at the Moon, Crab Shack, ect).

We were prepared to look for it over the weekend, but since our info was initially incorrect, we didn't get anywhere with it. So none of this can be verified by myself.

We also heard there was a larger, derelict wreck that is much older on the island, but probably further east than the new wreck. Apparently its hard to reach without a boat though, despite its very close proximity to shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom