Diving Oahu in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hooked-Again

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
The wife (my buddy) and I are visiting our son in Oahu the first week of March, 07. We initially didn't think we would take gear and dive because we wanted to just visit with family. After much discussion we are now thinking that son and wife both have jobs and we may have some free time during the day. It would be a shame to go all the way to Hawaii, be that close to great diving, and not take advantage of it. We are both relatively new to diving(40 dives each, mostly caribbean boat dives(Roatan, Cosumel, Grand Cayman, Turks and Caicos) even though we are Both AOW and Nitrox Certified. We may not know what days we would be able to dive until we get on the Island, so are looking for a good operation who may be able to accomodate two divers on short notice. We are really not fond of cattle boats but are easy to please as far as type of diving. We enjoy tooling along reefs as well as wrecks(non-penetration).
If anyone has any suggestions as to who we can contact that is reputable and might be able to accomodate us, I would appreciate your assistance. Thank you all in advance.

We just dived with Justleesa (Lisa) and her husband, Turtleguy (Roger) from Oahu Scuba Divers http://www.oahuscubadivers.com/

We found them to be most accomodating and wonderful to dive with.

My buddy's and my previous dive experience was similar to yours, and we had absolutely no problems adapting to South Pacific diving. We had a blast. Turtles everywhere, awesome wrecks, even dived with dolphins one day.

Have a great trip!

We dove over Labor Day weekend (and did our AOW training) with Alex at AAA diving (http://aaadiving.com/). They own their own boat and don't book more than 7-8 people per trip. A little more expensive, but worth every penny.

Enjoy. I can't wait to go back.

Back
Top Bottom