diving near st. George island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcf57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am gonna be on a family vacation to st. George island in about 3 weeks. I have initially planned a dive charter trip with Daly's dive n dock center (40 mins west) on a Sun. Looking forward to it too.

Will be in the area for a week. Any other dive charter companies to pick from while I am there? Or is this one pretty much it?

Just found this thread; heading to SGI in a few weeks...did you do the charter through Daly's? How was it? I've heard the surrounding area's too murky for anything good.

I just dove Panama City Beach a few weeks ago. Vis was decent: around 50 feet on average, some sites a bit better, others a bit worse. All the wrecks and bridge spans had goliath grouper which were cool to see. Lots of spadefish, amber jacks, angelfish, butterfly fish and other tropicals. Also saw unusual critters like mantis shrimp. Its definately not the Keys or SE Florida but still worth diving in my book. I used Panama City Divers

I must need to re-calibrate my vis-o-meter... I dove PCB 2 weeks ago and visibility from what I could tell was maybe 15 feet.

An average of 50 ft would mean that half the time you had better than 50 ft of vis! That's incredible, especially for the emerald coast!

I dove Gulf Shores AL last week and the vis was much worse, a tropical storm moved through the area the week before. I might have got lucky on my only visit to PCB: it was pretty nice and I was pleasantly surprised by both the vis and the quality of marine life

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom