Diving near Orlando?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reef diving in and around Orlando? It's a cinch!

For plastic reefs, go to Epcot's Dive Quest

For ancient reefs you can head to Blue Spring, Alexander Springs and a plethora of other springs around the state! You won't see any Damsel fish there, but there are plenty of freshwater species and you might get a glimpse of a gator!

For living saltwater reefs, you can head either east or west. My favorite dive destination in the WHOLE WORLD is Boynton Beach, and there you can go on the UnderWater Explorer with ScubaKevDM or even the infamous Loggerhead, home of Captains John and Jim!

Let us know your plans, and you might even get some dive buddies out of this!

Thanks for this post, I just reserved with Underwater Explorer...:D

Hey Great! Thanks this is a good start. What about Nitrox? Do either of this places offer it?
Yes, both offer it! Kev's boat is a six pack, and Captain Jim & John's boat is considerably larger.

That would be Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures. They do a lot of shark dives in the Bahamas, in addition to dives in WPB.
Is it usually hard to get a boat filled up with people. Again I am coming down for the week, but diving only one day. I am looking more at the 60' reefs dive.
Are there any diving clubs down are the area that has a schedule of dives that I might be able to join in for a dive? I don't want to miss a chance to dive because a dive boat that doesn't get enough divers.

Is it usually hard to get a boat filled up with people. Again I am coming down for the week, but diving only one day. I am looking more at the 60' reefs dive.
Are there any diving clubs down are the area that has a schedule of dives that I might be able to join in for a dive? I don't want to miss a chance to dive because a dive boat that doesn't get enough divers.

Sorry not been on for a couple of days
Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures boat is Deep Obsession.
The two days we dived, first day there were 18 divers, second day there were 7 divers because there was a couple of cancellations.
You can view their diary on the web site, it lets you know how many spots are available on that day and lets you know what type of dives they are doing.
They will also reply to emails if mailing, info@scuba-adventures.com

Hi, Sorry for the last minute post, I don’t mean to hijack this thread, but I am in Lake Mary for a few weeks… Starfish cancelled last weekend and is booked this weekend. I am looking for a charter or a buddy for Sunday May 3rd. I am AOW certified with over 100 dives logged and very experienced diving Monterey Bay, CA. I brought all my gear, will need to rent tanks and weights. Anyone interested in diving with me? I am willing to drive the 3 hours to WPB…

Check with Dave and Lynne on the Little Deeper. Their divemaster Debi is ALWAYS in the water with you, pointing out the cool stuff and keeping an eye on things. They'll buddy you up if you don't find someone to go with you.

www.littledeepercharters.com

I was recommended at place called Parrot Island Scuba adventures. Has anyone else had experience with them? They are out of Pompano Beach, Fl.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom