Diving Near Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey petermichelle, I'll be in the area at the same time (Feb 28-March 7). I decided I want to do the Epcot thing, just for the experience. Perhaps we could hook up and dive together somewhere. My wife doesn't dive (yet) and I was able to convince her to let me bring my gear, so I want to get wet. PM me if interested.

They forgot to mention Paradise Springs...
It's $30 PER DIVER to dive...
But if you are the first ones in for the day , it's rather pristine!
However , if you are paranoid about overhead environments (it's a cavern dive) I'd stick to something else.

Oh , Paradise springs is just south of Ocala.

Just thought I would throw that out as an option ...

Thanks!

Jean

P.S. And where-else can you get down to 100ft in a cavern

Keep in mind that Devil's Den, Blue Grotto, and Paradise Springs all charge $30-40/diver, plus air. They are interesting sites but may not be exactly what you're looking for. I haven't been to Devil's Den, so can't comment on that. Blue Grotto was okay, but I wouldn't dive there again. Paradise was pretty interesting, lots of fossils in the hole. I would probably dive it again. Blue Spring, Orange City is also interesting, but it's high flow. It's either $5 or $10/diver, bring your own air. If the water level is down, it's tough to get negative enough to descend. You also have Alexander Spring, 25 feet max, $5/diver, bring your own air.

When all was said and done, we did the dive at Epcot. It was really fun! Of course you know its all artificial but the fish and turtles are real! You get a real up close encounter with rays, sharks, turtles. And it was fun to wave to the family and all the kids from inside the tank. The kids all think you're part of the Disney show and get really excited to see the divers. We enjoyed it. Thanks for the help everyone.

Peter & Michelle

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom