Diving Near KW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuNanoTube

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I haven't dove since I started university and want to, anywhere close so that some of my study breaks can be underwater?
Thanks.
-H

The closest spots for you to consider would be Innerkip - a k a Trout Lake, Gullivers Lake - Freelton, or head for Humber Bay with crosed fingers. Innerkip is the closest to K-W however.

Neil

BigZ

Innerkip Q and Gullivers L are both crappy dive sites. Lake Ontario is great if you can get off shore were its deep and clear.

RB

The closest spots for you to consider would be Innerkip - a k a Trout Lake, Gullivers Lake - Freelton, or head for Humber Bay with crosed fingers. Innerkip is the closest to K-W however.

Neil

But Gulliver's is just down the street from my house, and that's worth something,

Can you still dive at the Elora Quarry? When I was at Moo U., that was out favourite local hole.

Shoredvr, what say you? That's your neighbourhood...

But Gulliver's is just down the street from my house, and that's worth something,

Can you still dive at the Elora Quarry? When I was at Moo U., that was out favourite local hole.

Shoredvr, what say you? That's your neighbourhood...

I am fairly confident that Elora is only open to Divers for a short window on Fridays (10-12 or something like that).

Innerkip sucks IMO (just my opinion - but it is very close to KW). Gullivers sucks IMO but is better than Innerkip (again just my opinion). Both close soon if they are not already as well. Humber Bay is not too far but is not the greatest. Cedar Hill is not really close but is the best bang for the time invested.

EDIT

Just in to give you an idea of the location of Cedar Hill, this is the park

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=44.806062,-81.005738&spn=0.003776,0.006877&t=h&z=17

Last edited:
Well, Elora Quarry is officially closed for the season right now, best to check with the conservation authority in the spring for any diving hours.

I agree that Cedar Hill is a great close dive.

Another option if you were interested is to get into a pool just to refresh your mind on what diving is. It, like almost any dive, would not coincide with a study break but some shops will allow certified divers to drop into the pool with them just to play around. It is not close but the best I have joined was at the Etobicoke Olympium (17' or 18' deep and pretty darned big). You could also talk to the local shops like Tri-City to see if you can tag along on their but the pool they use is not super sized so it may get tight.

Just another option.

I agree about Innercrap being just that. HOWEVER, I do recall that at least once or twice in the last 25 years that we had nearly 30 foot viz. :blinking: We normally don't go there until it gets colder and the locals have disappeared into their barns. Not very tasteful types in the summer time. Humber is great on a good day and now the parking is free. Welland is fantastic - I could be happy diving there every day of the week. Apparently the viz lately is in the 30 foot range. Enjoy :D

Neil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom