• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Diving near Cincinnati?

Discussion in 'Central United States' started by Flightlead, Oct 5, 2008.

1. solowgregg

solowgregg Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    We are in Edgewood Ky and we have lots of equipment in stock. I'm not really sue who teaches tec around here, but we can certainly get you equipped for it. We've got a few tec divers that frequent the store and they're always up for taking extra dive buddies.

2. Flightlead

Flightlead Solo Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    ok, thanks. I'll stop by. I'm tec, and have all the gear I need (except a scooter, some 40's, perhaps another regulator or two.....:D) just looking for a shop/group that understands local divers rather than the strictly warm water, pretty fishes crowd.

3. Divin'Hoosier

Divin'Hoosier Solo Diver

I'll be diving in Nov and Dec. Hopefully a couple of Saturdays each month. I'd be happy to dive with you.

4. solowgregg

The more the merrier. I'll be diving all through the winter.

5. Diver Lori

Diver Lori Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Well, Central Coast really doesn't have "true" tech gear. They can set you up with the Zeagle line, which does carry a backplate, but does not have that much of a variety. Unfortunately, the shops in Greater Cincinnati do not carry technical gear in stock due to the lack of sales. Tommy has carried tech gear in the past..... Halcyon and Oxycheq, but had to discontinue due to poor sales. I'd love it if he could carry DiveRite. For the most part, CCDC is a recreational shop as are the other shops in town. Tommy took GUE Cave 1 years ago, so he is sympathetic to the local tech diver and our lack of interest in "mind candy" diving.

CCDC does have a few technical divers (cave) who are also rec instructors. If you are looking for a technical instructor in the area, you'll have to head up to Lake Erie and/or Gilboa. Rick Kruzel is based in the Toledo area and Divin'Hoosier can give you some insight on him.

Tommy can set you up with the nitrox mix of your choice, and can usually get equipment quickly in the gear lines he carries.

Tommy runs a friendly shop and knows no strangers.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  6. solowgregg

There is talk of becoming a lot more tec friendly in the near future. If you need something just ask and we will do our very best to accommodate you.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  7. caver

caver Nassau Grouper

I live in Piqua, Ohio. About 1 1/2 hour north of Cinn. I have a quarry here in town. PM me and we can set something up.

Brian

Attached Files:

8. rab

rab Solo Diver

You might stop by Scuba Unlimited in Blue Ash (8966 Blue Ash Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45242 (PADI, YMCA) Shop Phone: 513-793-4747 (-84.38374,39.22188)) or Cincinnati Diving Center in Finneytown (8412 Winton Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45231 (PADI, NASDS, IANTD, TDI) Shop Phone: 513-521-3483 (-84.51763,39.22022))

You can grab the POI file Scuba - Ohio from POI Factory for more shops and dive locations.

-Rob

9. Flightlead

Flightlead Solo Diver

great guys. I'm loading the truck up the next couple of days and heading your way. looking forward to it.

10. Flightlead

Flightlead Solo Diver

that's great. typically I'm looking for air, 50% and 100%. Around here I do my own mixing/fills (certified trimix blender) but don't expect to be able to build *that* kind of relationship with a new shop right off...