Diving Monterey August 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnberke

Reaction score
I've never been diving in Monterey before and am very interested in checking it out. I'm going to be in Monterey 8/9-8/11 for the Steinbeck Festival and would greatly appreciate any reccomendations for boats/buddies/shops for a morning dive on the 10th. I've got a Henderson Goldcore - think that will be enough?

Thanks!

7mm wetsuit all around (hood, booties, gloves...in addition to the suit) would be good.

I use a 7/5 Henderson Hyperstretch with a 7mm hooded vest.

As for shops, Monterey Dive Center and Manta Ray Dive Center are close to many frequented dive spots. Are you renting gear? Or just need the shop to get on a boat and get fills?

Boats...Monterey Express has treated me right...

Plenty of folks here to dive with. If you don't find a buddy, perhaps me and my son would team up with you that day. No guarantees at this point. :)

If you know the dates for sure, you might wish to do a pair of shore dives at Pt. Lobos...You need reservations, and can get them here

http://pt-lobos.parks.state.ca.us/scuba/scuba.shtml

Weekends fill up two months ahead of time, so you need to lock those in ahead of time.

Enjoy!

Sean

For what it's worth I've really liked diving with Cypress Charters. They are really helpful to new divers (either newly certified or new to the area). Did you round up yourself a firm buddy yet? It isn't fun getting on the boat and trying to pair up with somebody. Monterey is a great dive; you'll have a good time.

Back
Top Bottom