Trip Report DIVING MALDIVES ON BOARD OF EMPEROR SERENITY 4K VIDEO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laval

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here is my video from our latest trip to Maldives in the second half of January 2023.

The Maldives Deep South Atolls Diving Expedition was a journey to remember. Organized by Marine Megafauna Foundation, it was a chance to explore the underwater world of the Maldives in style. The MV Emperor Serenity was our home for 10 days. Spacious and contemporary, the vessel provided comfort amidst the adventure. Eight days of diving brought us face to face with creatures of the deep. Grey reef sharks, white tip sharks, tiger sharks, spinner sharks, whale sharks, manta rays, marlin fish, eagle rays, and turtles swam amongst us. The coral reefs were healthy and vibrant.

The crew of the MV Emperor Serenity was competent and friendly. They ensured our safety and well-being, and the food was ample and satisfying.

This was an unforgettable journey. A comfortable vessel, a knowledgeable crew, and a diverse marine life, all in one.

TIPS: If you have a local flights, be prepared to pay about $5 per extra kilo. Also, Maldivians domestic size for carry-on is much smaller than the international size, and they may ask you to check it in and pay additional extra, irrespectively your free allowance for a carry-on. On a flight back from an island to Male, they were not so strict. We had our regulators in regulator bags, loaded with batteries and other heavy staff, and they were not concerned about these small bags.

Here is my video from our latest trip to Maldives in the second half of January 2023.
Stunning….thanks for sharing your experiences.

Nice video. I will go on this boat beginning of 2024, and I was wondering if monkey diving (sidemount one tank) is an easy option on board.
I am used to sidemount one tank in warm waters, generally in the Red Sea, also wondering if the balance and streamline will be the same, as the Indian ocean is less salty than The Red Sea, plus the tanks which i read are S80 on board, but sometimes are surprinsingly heavier than usual...

Nice video. I will go on this boat beginning of 2024, and I was wondering if monkey diving (sidemount one tank) is an easy option on board.
I am used to sidemount one tank in warm waters, generally in the Red Sea, also wondering if the balance and streamline will be the same, as the Indian ocean is less salty than The Red Sea, plus the tanks which i read are S80 on board, but sometimes are surprinsingly heavier than usual...
Thank you for your comment about my video. Regarding the sidemount tank, one diver from our group used it without any problem. I couldn’t comment on the balance.

Stunningly beautiful, congratulations on producing this work of art and thanks for sharing it. My husband and I spent part of our 25th wedding anniversary trip on Serenity last December.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom