Diving Lake Pleasant 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep TLS350 owner...Dec '03 and Dec '10. Loved and still love my first one so much got an exact duplicate, only newer. Now I have a back-up.

Never made it to the lake last weekend unfortunately , so will try it this week in the ocean instead.

Karen

Lucky you! San Carlos? Please tell us how it is!

No, not San Carlos...So Cal waters. I am working in LA. Did a late night dive last night with some friends off a new boat looking for some lobster.

westbounddiving.com - westbounddiving.com

Really nice boat...check it out if you get a chance. Water was smooth and appeared clear on the surface, below the vis turned out to be not so great and the surge was quite a ride at 70ft. Totally fun though....one of those dives you surface from and shout..."No way! That was really cool!" Water temp was high 50's I think and air temp was really warm.

New suit worked out fine!!

Reactions: Jax
I'll be diving Vista Point on Sunday. Lets hope for quiet conditions, low boat traffic, and good vis.

PD

Dove Saturday, April 30. Adventure Day was canceled! :w-t-f: Too windy? Geez, just because you had to hold onto a car just to stand up . . .

Sadly, the wind abated around 9am to something reasonable. All the people that came for adventure day of course dived anyway. I didn't think we had that many divers! Desert Tortoise, 10-lane ramp, etc. was just crowded. Great opportunity to meet new peeps!

Water was 65F at the surface, and didn't drop that much as you went down. We hit 60fsw and 64F. The fish were pretty active, which was fun.

Dove Saturday, April 30. Adventure Day was canceled! :w-t-f: Too windy? Geez, just because you had to hold onto a car just to stand up . . .

Sadly, the wind abated around 9am to something reasonable. All the people that came for adventure day of course dived anyway. I didn't think we had that many divers! Desert Tortoise, 10-lane ramp, etc. was just crowded. Great opportunity to meet new peeps!

Water was 65F at the surface, and didn't drop that much as you went down. We hit 60fsw and 64F. The fish were pretty active, which was fun.

I arrived at 6am, either to DT and 10-lane ramp.
Unfortunately, wind was so strong, which made me strongly believe diving is too risky.
I found it hard to believe anyone will try to go for diving.
At some point, about 6:40am I drove out of the lake.
Therefore I didn't meet you, Steve, and Bill.
What a waist of time & money :idk: (heding to the lake for nothing)

:( So sorry! It turned out to be wonderful! And bazillions of people for you to meet.

:( So sorry! It turned out to be wonderful! And bazillions of people for you to meet.

Well, you know, I like socialize but I came for scubadiving and only then to do other things. Besides, it was so cold outside the car that I decided to give up. Oh well... maybe next time.

Sep22 2011

Went today for late afternoon dive in Desert Tortoise.
Never seen the lake level so low :shakehead: (had to drive more & more until almost kissed the bottom of the lake).
Vis was poor, so poor that at some points I couldn't see my diving computer:confused:.
It was a good time for Yoga/Relaxation.
I put about 45min, on max depth of 11M (~36'), with ave temp of 25c (77f).
No significant thermocline, although there were minor irrelevant temp changes.
Done some useless navigation, but it was difficult to navigate due to poor vis (couldn't even see the compass).
Dove without suit.
The only positive thing about the dive today is the I enjoyed the fresh water feeling, and the bubbles noise.
Man, I miss the Red Sea... That's it.

I look here:
Pleasant Harbor

Looks like since Oct 8th the water level increased a bit (~2ft).
Temp dropped respectively from 73f to 69f.
New Aqua Fria fresh water is getting in to the lake again.
Speaking about vis(ibility)- it's a good sign.

I welcome the lake for the new winter season.
Soon I'll have to take off the dust from the dry suit.

In order not to let this thread die so easily, I want to inform that I did two last dive for this year from a boat in Lake Pleasant.
There are no words I can describe how cold it was, but I liked it.

Attached please find a temporay link for a very short clip of the dive we did today:
http://tpeople.co.il/diving/upload/giladshay-31.12.11.wmv

Thank you so much Mike, Bill, Steve.
There's no doubt each one of you is a great diver.
I really enjoyed been your buddy.
See you under the water (next year :D).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom