Diving into Darkness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koozemani

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know this book has probably been reviewed to death, but I felt that this was such a compelling book that I had to add my two cents.

In a word, I can only describe this book as haunting. On my second sitting, I found myself flipping page after page, unable to put it down until I reach the end at about 4:30 in the morning. I don't know if this was a result of the author's skill, or if the story was simply so riveting that any telling would capture the readers attention.

I can understand what it means to be that driven and focussed, but I think I'll stick to watching pretty fish.

I just finished it off today. To go as deep as he did in as few dives is amazing. I, too, found it hard to put down.

I ordered the original version (Raising the Dead) when it first came out and read it twice! (in record time, no less) Talk about a page turner!!

I thought I had That book but mine is Diving in Darkness by Martyn Farr. I was wondering why it was so interesting to you since mine is a cave, wreck and under ice manual. May have to pick up the similar named one you describe.

this was a much better read than a manual

I've read it and loved. I really don't read much, but I couldn't put it down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom