Diving in the year 2025 and 2050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you will be able to unlock your car with a retina scan, so you don't have to worry about pockets for your key...

z...

In 2025 I plan to still be diving at the ripe age of 64.

By 2050 I expect that my daughter will take me diving by sticking a bottle of my ashes in a pocket somewhere.

ReefHound:
No, you are making false assumptions (i.e. the water flow would be generated by diver motion), the technology already exists. Check out this story.

No I've read about the technology and how it's not possible for a diver.

mfalco:
No I've read about the technology and how it's not possible for a diver.

No you read that it IS possible, if perhaps not practical or wise.

But we are not talking about THIS VERY MINUTE, we are talking about 20 to 40 years from now. Get away from the limitations and capabilities of present technology. Take virtually any computer or electronics equipment we have today, go back 30 years ago, and see what the state of technology existed then. The very fact that the process is even possible at all today is amazing.

Besides, you're ruining the whole point of this thread. :58:

ChrisA:
If battery technology improves you could have electric heaters.

One other thing. I can imagine a 12,000 PSI tank. It wouild have a pre-regulator" built into the valve that supplies a 3,000 psi to the current technology first stage. The tank would be very small and light. But we'd need a new maerial to build tanks with. Some kind of carbon I'd guess.

I hope it comes with a GFCI.:D

I can see stronger tanks capable of higher pressures, but we'll never change the weight of air. If the air in a 80cf 3000psi weighs about 6 pounds, then 12000 psi would weigh about 25 pounds. That's a big buoyancy change to deal with.

Classes will be done totally on computer and internet.

Tables will no longer be used.

Swimming will no longer be required.

Complete certification will be done in 2 da....

Wait a minute.... Say WHAT????? Sorry, I must have dozed off reading that last thread..

Back
Top Bottom