Diving in the Seattle Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just sent you a PM, Joe ... with my cell phone number. Give me a call when you get here tomorrow. If you're available for a dive tomorrow evening, I'm free. Otherwise I have classes the rest of the week. But I can loan you some tanks and weights, for sure ... and a light ... you'll need a light.

We're in the midst of some less than lovely conditions right now ... but sometimes you can get below it.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks for the info and the invitation. I will be diving with Bob tomorrow it seems and I will attempt to hookup with NWDC for Wednesday.

Unfortunately, I have that thing called work...unable to dive with you. But follow TS&M's advice, you will find several people to dive with. Enjoy!

I will be diving with NWGratefulDiver this evening. We dove on Monday and I had a blast.

I will be diving with NWGratefulDiver this evening. We dove on Monday and I had a blast.

Come on, stop holding out.
Where did you dive?
What did you see?
What was the vis?

Details man we gotta have details!

Dive site: Cove 2
Saw: 1 octopus hiding in his den and the numerous colonies of massive anemones as well as a tiny fish which was found between 2 anemones and whose name I cannot remember.
Vis: ranged from 5 to 23 feet
Camera: did not bring because I wanted to focus on the dive at a new site in new conditions

The fish in the anemones was probably a decorated warbonnet:

Decorated%20Warbonnet%20x.JPG

Nice dives in some of the worst conditions I've seen in a long time. Vis in the shallows on last evening's dive was maybe 5 feet ... opening up to perhaps 12-15 at depth. Last night we did the deep tour ... following the boundary rope down to Olive's den, across to the I-beams, up to the Jackstraws, over to the Honey Bear, and back across the coves in the shallows ... 61 minutes, max depth 108 fsw. Didn't see much ... although we did find a few critters out and about it's kind've "between seasons" right now. What was even more surprising was that on the way in we hit current ... probably as strong as I've ever seen in Cove 2 in more than 600 dives at that site! Perhaps due to a 15-foot flood that was coming in at 2+ feet per hour ... that's a lot of water to push into Elliott Bay over a relatively short period.

I didn't bring my camera on these dives, since Josh and I were new to diving with each other and I wanted to be a good buddy and host ... and frankly with the vis and lack of subjects, I think it was a good decision.

We finished up the evening with a burger and beer at the Luna Cafe ... perfect ending to a very nice, relaxing evening.

Oh, and while gearing up before the dive, I met another SB visitor ... RLynch ... who was there to dive with the Wednesday night regulars ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom