Diving In The Rain ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I leave to Cozumel on Monday and the weather forecast says it will be raining and thundering :( and I have a few questions regarding this.

It almost always rains in Cozumel at least part of the day. I'm sure some of your trip will be nice and sunny.

Do the dive operators go out when it's raining ?

Rain will not be a concern. What could be is wind. My first trip there the harbor was closed for 2 days because of wind.

Is it safe to dive when it's raining ?
Perfectly safe in rain. Some people are concerned about lighting though at the rate it dispates it would have to pretty much hit really close to you while you are near the surface to be a problem.

How is the visibility when it's raining ?

The rain hitting the surface will diffuse the light a little more as will the overcast. Still in Cozumel you should have plenty of vis.

I was in Coz about 2 weeks ago, we had the same forecast before we left and i was worried. The rain is tropical rain, it will rain for five minutes here and there, but you'll hardly notice it. It was raining during a couple of our dives, but we didn't notice the difference, I hope you'll have the same luck.

You might get wet! Seriously, if the boats don't go out maybe you can consider some shore dives or maybe an inland cenote? Just a thought.

Rain no problem. Rained on us two days in May and vis was fine and we and other boats were out. No wind to speak of which as was mentioned can be a problem. Don't worry about the rain z28pwr. Have a great time

Thanks guys. Hopefully it will be nice.

Have a happy 4th of July and I'll post a trip report when I get back.

Back
Top Bottom