Diving in the Panama City area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pat,

My daughter and I will be in PCB on the Wed. 25th & Thurs. 26th (of June) and would like to charter out with you for some diving. Are you available?

Thanks Larry

I am wide open on both dates right now. Have her call me or email me to make the arrangements fr which day she wants to go, patrickmgreen@gmail.com or 850.624.2084. I will be out on the water all day today so email might be the best bet.

Wow, after reading through this thread I'm not sure I want to deal with the hassle of going diving...

I'll be in Panama City Beach June 21-27. I put a thread in here somewhere...

My backup plan if I can't find someone to do any shore dives is to instabuddy on a boat trip, but if anyone has advice for that in addition to what's been said here (other than beware of instabuddies), I'd appreciate it. I'd rather pay a DM to dive with me than to instabuddy- bad instabuddy experiences are universal, good ones are rare, right? lol. So if anyone wants to meet up for a boat dive, I'm game.

I wouldn't let this thread scare you off, but it should re-enforce that the charter boat captains on this thread have shown that things have improved over charters of the past. To me, this thread might have some negative issues shown in the past, but it also shows that most of these negative issues have been fixed or improved upon. I'd feel better about diving in PCB now.

I can say first hand that my dive in PCB 3 weeks ago, that the charter operations were much better than they have been in years past. The crew/deckhands/divemasters and captain and even the shop operators were very good and made sure we had a good charter. I even called the shop owner on the way home to let him know that we had a great charter with them...

seems like to me there is a substantial improvement and worth giving them a chance to dive with these ops.

-mike

I wouldn't let this thread scare you off, but it should re-enforce that the charter boat captains on this thread have shown that things have improved over charters of the past. To me, this thread might have some negative issues shown in the past, but it also shows that most of these negative issues have been fixed or improved upon. I'd feel better about diving in PCB now.

I can say first hand that my dive in PCB 3 weeks ago, that the charter operations were much better than they have been in years past. The crew/deckhands/divemasters and captain and even the shop operators were very good and made sure we had a good charter. I even called the shop owner on the way home to let him know that we had a great charter with them...

seems like to me there is a substantial improvement and worth giving them a chance to dive with these ops.

-mike

Thanks for the input!

85* up top and 77* on the bottom in 80fsw... Sunday I got 71* in 147fsw!!!! Thank god there wasn't much bottom time as I was only in my 1.5mm!!

Well Capt Green I am looking forward to dive with you based on what you have said. I will be in your area sometime in early July and will be in touch once our plans firm up. We are spending a few weeks working our way across the Panhandle kayaking and diveing and eating as we go. We are currently visiting our infant granddaughters and their handlers in Jax but will depart here about 22 Jun for Suwannee River St Prk. After sometime there we will head your way. We are in our RV with Jeep and kayaks in tow!! See you soon!

Well Capt Green I am looking forward to dive with you based on what you have said. I will be in your area sometime in early July and will be in touch once our plans firm up. We are spending a few weeks working our way across the Panhandle kayaking and diveing and eating as we go. We are currently visiting our infant granddaughters and their handlers in Jax but will depart here about 22 Jun for Suwannee River St Prk. After sometime there we will head your way. We are in our RV with Jeep and kayaks in tow!! See you soon!

You could Kayak Dive the Miss Louise Tug in Destin.

You have public parking at the old Crystal Pier pilings. 3 parking spots in front of the beach access and a lot across the street from Crystal Sands condos.

The Miss Louise is about 1/2 mile offshore. I've seen kayaks go out there before from there. I took a compass heading from the beach access there once and it's it's about 230deg. (note this was done using a dive compass and we know they aren't the most accurate). You'd want a good set of GPS coordinates to get close and prob a depth finder to tune in on it. Or go out when the Sea Cobra (Scubatechs boat) is one it, which is several times a week. it's in about 60' of water.

beach access is at the corner of Old Secnic Hwy 98 and Pompano St.
Beach access between two blue roof condo buildings. diaganol parking across the street is public beach parking.
destin, fl - Google Maps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom