Diving in the Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Piccola

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be going to the Bahamas in April, staying at the Sheraton. From what I have read, UNEXSO and Grand Bahama Scuba seem to be the best choices. I would like to do the wrecks and perhaps the sharks. UNEXSO appears to be a bit more pricey. Does anyone have any recent info to help me pick one over the other.

Ciao

I had an awesome dive vacation last year!! :D My wife and I along with some freinds, spent 2 weeks diving with Grand Bahama Scuba this past October.

I highly recommend them. Nice boat, Great Crew!! :thumb:

There are several wrecks we visited. Duncan's Wreck (Sea Star II) is one of my favorites :14: Theo's is always fun. You have to visit Freebex to see the resident Lionfish (several). The last time I was at Freebex there was a huge Crab hiding under the deck in back, and a ray napping next to the wreck!

I really enjoy the deep reefs also. Be sure to check out Tunnels and Pygmy caves.

Sometimes Shark Junction is the second dive of the day. Whether they feed them or not, we always see lots of sharks up close.

Be sure to make reservations. arrangements can be made to be picked up and returned to your Hotel.

Fred and Melinda go out of their way to make sure everyone has safe and enjoyable dives!!

Let us know who you go with, and please post a trip report when you return. Have a Great Trip!!

Hi Piccola,

I was in Grand Bahama last spring (on a liveaboard) stayed a few days after and met a few divers on island who had dove with GB Scuba. Had good things to say.

Safe Diving

I dove with Unexso in September. I would dive with them again. I really like the DM Raynard.

Tavi,

I was just doing some searches on Grand Bahama Scuba and found your posts on them. It looks like you go every October? Are you guys going again this year?

We're going and staying at Ocean Reef and Diving with Grand Bahama, maybe we'll run into you.

I've been to Port Lucaya the last 3 years and have only dove with UNEXSO. I have nothing but good things to say about the operation and the DMs I've had. They take great care of you there.

If you're doing the shark dive, Christina is the bomb. The sharks behave as if they're her personal pets. It's amazing. Plus Unexso is a real short walk from the Sheridan. I hope to be there again this May or June and will definately be diving with my friends at UNEXSO.

Tavi,

I was just doing some searches on Grand Bahama Scuba and found your posts on them. It looks like you go every October? Are you guys going again this year?

We're going and staying at Ocean Reef and Diving with Grand Bahama, maybe we'll run into you.

Yes!! we go for 2 weeks each year. I don't have our dates yet for this year, But my son and his family are supposed to be joining us. He hasn't been since his certification dives there 7 years ago. This year we plan on getting our grandaughter certified. We have freinds that plan on meeting us there as well.

It'd be great to run into you there!!

Yes!! we go for 2 weeks each year. I don't have our dates yet for this year, But my son and his family are supposed to be joining us. He hasn't been since his certification dives there 7 years ago. This year we plan on getting our grandaughter certified. We have freinds that plan on meeting us there as well.

It'd be great to run into you there!!

We'll be there Oct 11 - 18. Hope to see you there! Love to meet other fellow scubaboarders :)

We'll be there Oct 11 - 18. Hope to see you there! Love to meet other fellow scubaboarders :)

That's a little earlier than we're usually there. For the past several years, I've always been there on my Birthday (Oct 26th). But, we also try to plan around DEMA.

I'll let you know when I have for sure dates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom