Diving in Subic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bs63366

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to be at Subic Bay next month. I am looking for some options that a group of around 10 people would have to go diving. Most of us are open water certified. The main catch is that we are staying in Subic so any type of an overnight or weekend trip is out of the question. Thank you for any help that you can provide.

Hi there,

Diving in Subic is good; just stay there and enjoy it. My personal choice after a number of trips is George and his team at Boardwalk centre on the base Dive at Boardwalk Dive Center Official Website -

They have a very hard working team and multiple boats to get you where you want to go, and they are a bit closer to the wrecks than some of the other shops.

hth

Matt.

I am going to be at Subic Bay next month. I am looking for some options that a group of around 10 people would have to go diving. Most of us are open water certified. The main catch is that we are staying in Subic so any type of an overnight or weekend trip is out of the question. Thank you for any help that you can provide.

Have fun in Subic Kyle :)

Hi,

Subic is a fantastic diving location, with most of the wrecks and reefs within 10 minutes speedboat from the SBMA beach.

The main dive sites are:

USS New York - 32m
Seian Maru - 28m
Landing Craft Utility - 22m
Japanese Patrol Boat - 24m
El Capitan freighter - 22m
Landing Ship Tank - 34m
San Quentin - 16m
Barges (sunken dock) - 5-32m
Canyons Reef - 6-30m
Nabassan Reef - 6-25m

Most dive centers run a 2-dive am and.or pm trip to these sites, but the short transit times make your diving options very flexible.

I manage a PADI 5* Dive Center/IDC here in SBMA, Subic, and would be happy to provide you with prices and more details (PM please). It would be easy to put together a diving schedule to meet your requirements. I can also source accommodation, at a discount, if you require.

Many thanks,

Andy

Ok, thanks for all the reply's. What would you go with as being the most memorable dive that you have done in Subic?

Well, I'd have to say the Sakura on a good day is great - but that's at 55m so maybe not in your range. Otherwise the LST[lots of marine life and some nice easy penetrations] and USS New York[Big guns and more complex penetrations] are 2 of the best I've done.

Enjoy your trip.

Ok, its looking like there is going to be a change of plans and we will instead be staying in Manila. What are the reccommendations for either A. a shop around Manila, or B. if it would be possible to go to Subic just for the days even while staying in Manila? Thank you for all the help guys.

yep, a day trip to subic or anilao is doable. Take a look at Divenet or kiko's fleet for anilao. For subic, I know diver's network runs trips up to subic from manila. Alternatively you can take the bus to subic and ask if the dive shop can pick you up from the terminal. If you take buses that continue north from subic, you can get dropped off along the strip where a lot of the shops are located.

Hope that helps.

Victory Liner now runs a direct bus to Subic via the NLEX and SCTEX...very quick and easy. If you can drive yourself, it takes 1hr 30mins approx.

We have lots of customers coming for day trips....typically arriving for 10am and completing 2-3 dives before 4pm. Home in Manila for dinner by 7pm. :-D

Most Manila shops will run trips to Subic, but they don't do that for free...and you will still be diving with a Subic dive operation once you are there. :wink:

all though I love the diving in Anilao... Subic will probably be the easier choice...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom