Diving in Subic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Subic has some great stuff...here's my Facebook Group albums...

Fish and Ships 1 (Subic Bay Marine Life)

Fish and Ships 2 (Subic Bay Marine Life)

Nudibranch of Subic Bay 1

Nudibranch of Subic Bay 2

And for those without FB.... my other online albums...

Andy's Subic Photos

URL%5D

Sweet pics andy, what camera rig are you using? Are all the pics from Subic? Some nice critter shots you got.

I usually just take a Sony Cybershot T-20 on dives, snapping anything of interest. The albums linked are all from Subic....trying to dispel the misconception that this place is only for low-viz wreck diving! lol

Need some advice, please.

I'm currently living in Macau and wife is giving me a hall pass first weekend in September to go diving. Thinking of flying into Clark on Friday afternoon, getting in four dives on Saturday, and then flying home on Sunday. Can I get 4 dives in in one day? Which operator would you guys recommend? Also, what are conditions likely to be in a few weeks time?

Thanks in advance!

Subic has some great stuff...here's my Facebook Group albums...

Fish and Ships 1 (Subic Bay Marine Life)

Fish and Ships 2 (Subic Bay Marine Life)

Nudibranch of Subic Bay 1

Nudibranch of Subic Bay 2

And for those without FB.... my other online albums...

Andy's Subic Photos

URL%5D

nice pics andy
it was fun meeting you last week
ill definitely try to get my friends to dive with you since were all into photography.
contact you soon bud

robert

Need some advice, please.

I'm currently living in Macau and wife is giving me a hall pass first weekend in September to go diving. Thinking of flying into Clark on Friday afternoon, getting in four dives on Saturday, and then flying home on Sunday. Can I get 4 dives in in one day? Which operator would you guys recommend? Also, what are conditions likely to be in a few weeks time?

Thanks in advance!

last i dove in subic 2 weeks ago viz was 20-30 ft in the wrecks which is quite good for subic standards
if you go to the outer wrecks however like el capitan, the sunken galleon and the island ( i forget their names) viz could be even better.

i used to hate diving subic a few years back, but have dove there 3 times thise year (round 6 dives or more) and have been pleasantly surprised.
a ot more fish now and improved viz. for some reason i see a lot of rays in subic, they are neither small nor skittish. also saw a devil ray from afar in the lst during my last dive there.

although i havent dove with him, try andy's subic scuba college. met him last week and he seems very competent and could give you a few tips about photog and dive skills during your dives - thats almost like getting a free ppb and photog course right there...

The LST (36m) is the nicest wreck for viz and big critters, but you can't beat the New York for historical interest...and the awesome penetrations.

Back
Top Bottom