Diving in Seattle?? Wetsuit Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ValiantLlamma

Registered
Reaction score
I'm wondering if a 7mm wet suit with a hood, gloves and boots would be enough to keep me warm in the Puget Sound or lake Washington? or is that too much?

add a 7mm hooded vest and your all set to go. aim for a semidry type wetsuit, look at the Bare brand, they make good stuff, also use 3 finger mits vs gloves.

Have fun !

It will work fine for the first dive, but if you do multiple dives a day it's a bit rough.

so i would have 14mm on my core and and head? would i even be able to move?

ValiantLlama:

so i would have 14mm on my core and and head? would i even be able to move?

Gumby Divers.

Lots of folks here dive wet year 'round; They tend toward natural insulation or a high tolerance for hypothermia. I dove the 7ml configuration you asked about for several years before switching to a drysuit. Like vbcoachchris said, the second and third dives are the ones that make you shiver.

Now, in the summertime, that setup is perfect.

Steve

Have your posted on your local dive club forum here, yet? A lot of nice folks with local advice there.

I wore a 7 mil jumpsuit over a 1 mil Labor Day weekend, heavy neoprene gloves, medium beanie, heavy booties - got a little chilled doing 8 dives in 4 days, not bad. I took other measures, and the Surface Intervls were warm. Heavier beanie/hood and neoprene sock would have helped. Personal tolerances vary, tho.
xmas-smiley-005.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom