Diving in SE Asia after Cambodia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beware the Singapore visa. Those things are expensive.

I am assuming OP has a US passport. When there is no Covid Singapore is free to enter, no visa required. It does not cost any money.

And even if he was not I think Singaporean visa is S$30 (about USD$22) not to sure how that classifies as expensive

I am assuming OP has a US passport. When there is no Covid Singapore is free to enter, no visa required. It does not cost any money.

And even if he was not I think Singaporean visa is S$30 (about USD$22) not to sure how that classifies as expensive

Serious? When we looked into it a few years ago it was around 200 each. Well, that's good news, in that case. Thank you.

I dive Philippines all year round when I can. Before covid I was going every 6 weeks or so for 2-3 weeks of diving.

Typhoon season is a myth really as typhoons can come at any time of year in case you didn't notice the last one in December which people claim is not typhoon season. Good diving in Philippines can be had all year round.

Serious? When we looked into it a few years ago it was around 200 each. Well, that's good news, in that case. Thank you.

Yeah has been for as long as I can remember. US citizen for tourist entry has always been visa free. I have been in and out of Singapore at least 50+ times over the last 10 years never had to pay a dime. Also now it is even more streamline for US citizens they have a digital arrive card that you can pre-fill out and they don't even stamp your passport now. Its all electronic.

In my over 40 years of traveling to Singapore I have never been required to have a visa. It's always been visa on arrival for free.

I dive Philippines all year round when I can. Before covid I was going every 6 weeks or so for 2-3 weeks of diving.

Typhoon season is a myth really as typhoons can come at any time of year in case you didn't notice the last one in December which people claim is not typhoon season. Good diving in Philippines can be had all year round.

Yes Philippines is open to fully vaccinated tourist. Some very nice diving and very nice island hopping. I really like the Coron, low cost, low key, easy to get around and its beautiful its like something out of a movie. Make sure to bring a drone.

Some very nice wreck dives there also.

Make sure to bring a drone.

Yes sir. From Moalboal looking to Negros at sunset time. It was like Mount Doom from Lord of the Rings.
CEBU CDC SUNSET.jpg

SUNSET CDC.jpeg

Who ever said Dec is NOT a typhoon season?
I have experienced couple of times around Christmas in PG!
Typhoon does not affect the whole country. If you ever go diving in the South of Mindanao ie. Gen San or Davao and they are in typhoon shelter area of the country.
Good diving can be had all yr around but typhoon is always a treat during later half of the year. Most divers plan the trip months ahead and there is No way anyone can predict anything so far ahead.

Hard to believe that ever happened in Singapore!
Even Burma, Cambodia and Vietnam wouldn't dare to charge more than 100 buck in the dark time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom