Diving In Punta Cana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CDROUN

New
Reaction score
My family and I are getting ready to head down to Punta Cana in a few weeks. Can anyone suggest any quality dive shops as well as a good place to go. Thanks!

We were in Punta Cana last April..... we stayed at the Bavaro Barcelo Palace which was quite nice. However, the only dive shop that I could find on that portion of the beach was "Dolin Dive Center", about a mile up the beach. Frankly the diving in Punta Cana isn't great.... you have to go north or south.

I actually did my OW dives with them, having completed my book work back home on Oregon. Let me tell you, it was a real expirence....They picked me up along the shore in a 12 foot wooden boat without any ladder and with an old Merc 1950's motor. They took me out to some dive spot abut 1/2 mile off shore and me and this other guy backrolled in. (remember this was my very first open water dive) We were in surge and current, that sent me out from the anchor line like a flag in the wind. I passed my test, but the dive will stay in my memory forever.

If you get the chance, head south down the Catalina Island. It is worth the money, and time. I did my second and third dives there and I remember doing my first wall dive on the reef around the island.

I have some great pictures of the beach and the area if you want to see on Web Shot under Philtobin6625 Have a great time and good luck finding a good dive shop.

Phil

I just got back from Punta Cana on June 14th and had a great time. The wife and I stayed at the Natura Park Resort, right next door to the Allegro.

Hands down, I would say to use Scuab Caribe. They were outstanding!! Very professional! If your an experienced diver don't expect much with respect to the life on the Punta Cana side of the island. The dives are very shallow, only 45 to 60 feet, but there are some good dive sites. Definatly do the Catalina Island excursion, and if you can do the Bayahibe wreck dive.

Let me know where you are staying because I might know the dive instructors at your resort. And can give you a little more with respect to dive sites. Scuba Cariba has a web site you might want www.scubacaribe.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom