Diving in Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm about a year late on this one but I have been diving in PR for the last five years. I spend about 4 to 6 weeks in Rincon each year. The dive shop there, Tanio Dive shop is very helpful. There are the only ones who run a boat out to the Desecheo Island and some of the clearest water. Great reef dives. The bad part is it is a 10 or 12 miles out to the island and during the winter wind can be a problem so you will need to call the shop the day before you go. They also have wonderful reefs within 3 miles of the shop. If they can't make the island they will take you to a closer reef. Staff has alway been very helpful and if you get a chance ask for Izzy best dive master in PR. Another dive shop is Island Scuba. They do a great job as well. Great wall dives and very professional staff.

I also have been diving form the Shore. There are at least five or six places around Rincon that you can dive from shore. Most are a pretty good kick out if you don't mind kicking. For the most part the diving is not much different form one spot to the next. But one spot is great for beginners or if you want just an easy dive to get back in the swing of things. Crash Boat. the kick out is very easy 2 min tops, 40 feet deep, plenty of fish and sunken platforms. just a great way to enjoy the water. non diving friends can sit on the beach while you enjoy the water. I even have had a few friends do discovery dive there and went on to get certified. The water is aways 77 degrees plus ( in five years thats the coldest it has been, average is 79) Last year the winds did blow a lot but i still managed to get in about 30 dives.
Its one of the reason that I go there is because the diving is so easy
hope this helps and anyone who is going there let me know and I can get all the contact information

Back
Top Bottom