Diving in PI in 12 days!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beruvian

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We will be flying out Nov 16th, leaving Nov 25th or 26th.
Best place to dive AND have some nice relax time on a nice beach?
Is this possible, weather condition wise, this time of year?
Where to stay ON the beach? and Dive? possible?
we are into photography also - sony nex7 and go pro for video (may bring along nikon d7000 but so bulky and heavy compared to the sony!)

I hear anilao is very nice, but no beach, right?
we really need downtime on a nice beach in the sun with a pina colada or margarita or cold beer in hand!

trying to use miles to get to PI from Japan, so looks like Manila then PI flight somewhere?
get in late (using miles) so hotel in Manila for a night in and out?
OR are there connections late evening (getting in 10:30pm)?

any advice or thoughts welcome!
thx!:blinking:

if you are looking for diving and a beach, I would recommend going to Alona Beach and Malapascua or Dumaguette. You won't find many great beaches at Anilao but the small critter diving is fabulous. You could do Anilao and Puerto Galera. Most of the diving is out of Sabang in Puerto Galera, however the beach isn't nice. Sabang as good restaurants, bars and nightlife. Also checkout Sunset at Aninuan Beach Resort in PG. They have a great beach and if its still open AB Wonderdive has a shop in the hotel. AB also has a location in Sabang so you can get your diving arranged with them.

Last edited:
Fly to Cebu rather than Manila.
If white sandy beach is utter important then you have the choice of Alona Beach and Malapascua. I do believe Siquijor also has sandy beach. Did a day trip from Dumaguete many yrs ago. The beach in Dauin(Dumaguete) is gravel if my memory is correct!
If you want a really good beach then Boracay is your only choice but the diving is so and so.

You can do your diving in Anilao then rent a van service to take you to Nasugbu for some nice beach downtime.
Landtrip if about 1 1/2 hours from Anilao to Nasugbu area.

If you're into photography there's a lot of interesting subject along the way like the Taal Heritage town, there's the Balisong maker in Taal town, the ruins near Taal lake and the nice sunset from Calatagan to Nasugbu Proper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom