Diving in Panama City Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mopar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone I am going to be diving in Panama City Beach in a couple of weeks and was wandering how conditions are since the oil spill? I am almost certain things are fine but would like to know from the good people of the board who has been since this summer. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Conditions are great. We dove the St. Andrew's jetties on Septmeber 19th and dove a couple of off shore wrecks on the 20th. Did not see a drop of oil.

It was great when I went in August. Looking forward to going back.

dove there last month.... not a drop of oil could be seen that it was ever there.

Was down there (Destin) 2 weeks go. not a drop there either.

Orange Beach, Gulf Shores, got some and P'cola got a little. they had a day or so of specks of it in Destin and a little lighter in PCB..... but mostly the news media blew it out of proportion making it seem like the beaches were covered.

trust the divers here who know.... and not the media.

... but mostly the news media blew it out of proportion making it seem like the beaches were covered.

I agree...the media really hurt tourism by really really slanting some of their stories. (I was attacked for making a statement similar to this on another post...I am just stating my opinion...)

I was in Panama City a couple of times earlier this summer...didn't see anything. Went off of Pascagoula MS two weeks ago...no oil.

Same here. Took students to the jetties throughout the summer and had nothing but the usual conditions.

dove there last month.... not a drop of oil could be seen that it was ever there.

Was down there (Destin) 2 weeks go. not a drop there either.

Orange Beach, Gulf Shores, got some and P'cola got a little. they had a day or so of specks of it in Destin and a little lighter in PCB..... but mostly the news media blew it out of proportion making it seem like the beaches were covered.

I should of known the media blew things out of proportion....they bow in general. I trust the good people of the board that is why I keep coming back. Thanks everyone for the help.

When are you going to be in Florida. A new buddy and I will be diving the jetties on the afternoon of Oct 15th, you're welcome to join us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom