Diving in Osaka in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJello

Registered
Reaction score
Hello fellow Divers!
I will be vacationing in Osaka for two weeks from Dec 29 - Jan 14 and was thinking of doing some diving while I was there. I have only done local beach and boat dives near the California coast in U.S, so I wanted to know what the water temperture would be like compare to here and where would be the best place to dive around Osaka. Also, are there any Dive Masters and/or clubs that someone can recommend?
Thanks in advance,
----Eddie

Most of us dive in IZU, Shizuoka prefecture which is about 2 or 3 hours by train from
Osaka. The water temp now is about 21c. You are welcome to dive with us we have several instuctors and DM's we always have a great time. If you would like to join us one weekend you should PM TJO and he could give you more info on how to get to the site.

Hi Eddie,

Diver's around Osaka usually dive in Wakayama prefecture (Kii peninsula). The temp would be around 18 c in the term. There are many local diving center's in Wakayama and diving shop's in Osaka but I don't know English speaking operators in addition to clubs.
The traffic is brutal to there. The travel hours are similar to reach Okinawa or Izu.

Thanks for such quick responses. :) I am trying to convience my Girlfriend to get certified on our visit there since it would more comfortable having a Japanese speaking Instructor versus an English speaking. She is from Osaka.
Eitherway, I would enjoy doing a dive with the club with everyones permission of coarse. I own all my equipment, but will not be bringing my airtank of coarse. Are anyone you Underwater Photographers? That is the major reason I decided to scuba dvie so that I could take underwater photographs. I haven't taken any pictures yet since I have only been diving since the beginning of the year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom