Diving in Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charliem17

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys,

I am a brand new open water diver, and my son is a new junior open water diver. We are travelling to Waikiki soon, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good places to book our dives through.....thanks

Well, you've got about 9 gazillion options... :D

I have dived with Ocean Concepts on a number of occasions (including OW and AOW training). Good outfit, looks like they do hotel pickups so no need to drive your own self out to Waianae. It's about 45+ minutes of travel from Waikiki to the harbor they launch from, but you also get sandwiches, pineapple and macadamia nut shortbread cookies on the boat!

I also went out with
Waikiki Diving Center;
also a good outfit, more convenient to Waikiki than Ocean Concepts; Marco (Black3000PSI) can give you more info on them.

Also heard lots of great things about Kaimana Divers, but I haven't done any diving with them. I expect Gabe (scottitheduck), the proprietor, will be along shortly to help you choose... :)

Good things also heard about Reef Pirates, but also no personal experience.

Good luck, and give us a trip report when you get done!

Tim

thanks! I will look into those places and I'll write a report when I get home.

Char

thanks charlie for the good words. and yes kaimana divers is also a good choice as is reef pirates
if you would like to know more about us at Waikiki Diving give us a call 808-922-2121

you're at Waikiki diving? I really don't know what I'm doing, I've never gone diving outside of my own dive shop dives...My son & I were wanting to do a dive at Turtle canyon, or anywhere with lots of turtles really...we would probably like to do 2 tank dives on 2 seperate days - so 4 dives total...where we can see lots of cool stuff within our capabilities. We are going to be there July 22 - Aug 2

Char

I was lucky enough to meet some Oahu instructors who visited Kauai last week. If you can hook up with Brandi Mueller I would be willing to bet you'll be very happy. She's very genuine in her love for diving and that has always seemed to translate into a good experience for me. You can track her down at Dive Oahu 1-808-922-3483. One way or the other she'll guide you in the right direction.

Best of island wishes

Back
Top Bottom