Diving in Oahu with AAA Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

900ryder

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I vacationed in Oahu during the week of Labor Day. Before arriving he had called several dive groups to find out information so that we could finish our referral dives to get our Open Water certification. When we spoke to Alex at AAA, he informed us that he had owned his own boat, dive groups would be small, and that he we will practice and learn everything for the OW and it didn't matter how long it took.

Our main concern as potential new divers was how comfortable we'd be in the ocean (we don't really do any water activities). So with everything Alex mentioned to us we decided to give AAA a go.

During our first set of dives, we experienced a bit of seasickness- but once we got in the water it was pretty much gone. I had a bit of trouble going under initially and Alex was very patient and I was slowly able to go down. After we finished the tour, we were so excited to get back into the water, to my surprise we pretty much breezed through the skill portion because we were a lot more relaxed.

We were so excited after we successfully finished our second set of dives, we had gained our Open Water Certification. We had such a great time diving that we decided to do two additional dives with AAA. Our vacation had just turned into a diving vacation and we were both loving it.

Everything that Alex had mentioned about the quality of his teaching, was beyond our expectations. Alex also had a great crew with him. During our dives we had the pleasure meeting Chris and Matt. Both great guys and took good care of us throughout all our dives. We briefly met Kristen and Kelli, both also very friendly.

I would highly recommend AAA Diving for all diving in Oahu. Check out their website, talk to Alex, you won't be disappointed!!
Now if we can only find a way to get back there to do our Advanced Open water...

So glad you had a good experience! AAA diving has a great boat and the best equipment, IMO. Alex is a character but really cares that everyone dives safely. He will be happy to hear you posted about your dives. Hope to meet you on a return trip!

Your new hobby is very portable so many places you may go. Congrats on your wedding and hopefully you will be diving together for many happy years!

I have to echo all your sentiments about Alex/AAA Diving... They are awesome.... Can't say enough good things about him... He is a character, a true brit with the dry sense of humor....But you just give it back to him and he loves it.... And the best part is that he owns his own boat versus buying a spot on a cattle boat and that he does small groups.. Had a great time....:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom