Diving in Oahu in April. Please advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turbo][

Contributor
Reaction score
My family is taking a vacation in Oahu. I am the only diver in the family. So I like to find out where I can buddy up. And where is a MUST dive?

Please advice!

Aloha Turbo][!
Check out our insider information thread.

Local divers and people that have enjoyed diving our Islands have posted their thoughts about various dive sites....might give you a better idea of what you want to see :D

Lots of surface stuff going on to keep your family busy while you dive or take them along to snorkel :wink:

Aloha,
Lisa

Turbo][:
My family is taking a vacation in Oahu. I am the only diver in the family. So I like to find out where I can buddy up. And where is a MUST dive?

It shouldn't be a problem for an operator to buddy you up with another "single" diver. If there isn't another diver needing a buddy, most of the time the DM will be your buddy.

If you're hesitant about being assigned to a buddy, you can probably help things along by checking out the other divers who will be going with you - you might be able to find someone, chat a bit and come to your own decision. Or, you can let the operator know when you make your reservation that you will be "single" and in need of a buddy. Make sure to tell them your experience level also.

I've done this many times with various operators in Honolulu and it's not a big deal.

If the surf is down we can go on a shore dive. Boat diving gets expensive. Most of my diving is shore dives. You can PM when you get closer and we can set up a day or however many and go then your family can hang around on the beach.

Melissa

I am still up in air on where my hotel will be. But I would love to dive reef or wrecks. I have been scouting around, but I like to not travel too far to dive (need more ABT than SI) LOL....

I'll probably end up sending my wife and daughter to go do shopping. But my wife mention there is a snorkling park, I wonder if I can dive within this Hanauma Bay park while my wife snorkle?

Just a thought. But I definately like to venture out to see something "spectacular"

Turbo, dive the YO257 wreck or the WW ll bomber. Both around 110 ft and viz ususally 100+. Incoming tides give better viz if you feel like checking the tides.

check my site under "wrecks" if you want to see a picture of the plane or the wreck.
Hope you have great dives!

Okay, I'm going to revive this post because I am about to come to Oahu! I need suggestions and possible partners people to hang :)

Since I dive in So Cal. I have a 7mm full body wetsuit, and a 5/7 hooded vest that I use when water temp goes mid-50s.

What should I bring to do 3 or 4 dives in Oahu?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom