Diving in November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What was the harrowing scene?

Diver full-on panicked at about 95ft. Mask off, reg out, the works. Turns out she blew an eardrum on the way down. She's ok now.

Last time I was diving with a boat that does shark dives (we were there for the grouper aggregation, not sharks) the DM ran out of air. In my experience, the sharks aren't the biggest factor.

Also keep in mind that any Jupiter diving is somewhat advanced. Divers exit the boat like paratroopers jumping out of a plane. It's not a leisurely entrance. Now with Jupiter Dive Center or Capt Sl8er, you'll be strongly encouraged to move quickly. From everything I've heard about Emerald, you'll be yelled at, ha ha.

Jupiter is great. Only a few of the boats offer shark feeding. I prefer to look at them myself. Not scared but it has ruined spearfishing for everyone. Saw some lemons yesterday aboard the Kyalami (formerly Capt SL8ters) www.jupiterscubadiving.com . Forgive my camera as it is a POS and it had a spot on the lense haha.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom