Diving in Norway - Gulen ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It depends what kind of diving you want to do. Gulen is definitively one of Norways best divesites after what I have heard. Have not been there myself, but will hopefully go this easter. You can check it out here: - Gulen Dive Resort er stedet for opplevelser...
Other divesites are Bodø (Saltstraumen - worlds larges maelstrom) Saltstraumen Dykkesenter - Forside
There are a number of divecenters and divesites around the Oslofjord.
There is a divewiki in Norway (In Norwegian, of course...) Hovedside - Dykkepedia
Remember Norway in march is cold, and very much drysuitterritory...

Hi there!

Where you should go really depends on what kind of diving you want. That being said, you can't really go wrong with Gulen! Both marine life and the wrecks are fantastic, and they are on all kinds of depths:D
If you decide to go for Gulen, you definitely want to fly to Bergen and arrange some sort of transport from there, Ørjan at the divecenter will be helpfull with this (the actual divecenter is in the middle of nowhere...).
Other good options would be Narvik, especially if you are into wrecks, or Saltstraumen, especially if you are into marine life and currents:wink:
In general, the whole northern part of Norway offers great diving, and so does the west coast.

In and around oslo, there are also some decent diving to be done, but unfortunately, most of the really interesting wrecks are pretty deep... The marine life here is not something I would travel around the world for. Oslo is really about wrecks, but should you decide to come here, I'm sure I can be helpful with logistics.

Like the previous poster, I would also like to mention that Norway i march is as cold as it gets in diving, so don't even consider anything but a good drysuit with a good undergarment. The northern/nort-western part is actually a little warmer than the southern part that time of year due to the gulf stream.

You could also try the Norwegian forums:

http://www.dykkesiden.com/forum/index.php
http://www.dykkeprat.no/

Good luck either way:wink:

Bjørn

Back
Top Bottom