Diving in normandy france

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

La Manche is definitely not for rookies. Or even experienced divers who are not ready for local conditions. It's the ripping tides that are so dangerous. You definitely want an experienced local guide first couple of times up to bat.

.... PADI divers who dive in France are seen by the FFESSM as second class divers. Regardless of experience..... regardless of certification level .... regardless of knowledge, procedures or understanding.....

That is not my experience. However I am sure there are some dinosaurs about where this is the case. Maybe 15-20 years ago.....

@ Chrisch. My experience with checkout dives is the following. They are systematically done on all Liveboards that I have been on. I believe that they are totally justified. The idea is that most divers have been travelling for hours the day before, most have not dived for months and are diving in a new environment. A good occasion to have a check on the weights, eventual new gear or buddy and to refresh the DSMB depoyment routine. Something that is mandatory to carry on liveboards.

Fair enough. I believe they are utter nonsense. But then I don't partake of recreational holiday diving with a guide.

Back
Top Bottom